In recent times, lighting management has made great strides and is not limited to just turning the light on and off using the classic switch. Today there are advanced systems, such as the DALI system, that provide greater performance and benefits. In fact, by choosing DALI lighting,you can automate your lighting, quickly detect system failures and more.
DALI IS AN ACRONYM THAT STANDS FOR DIGITAL ADDRESSABLE LIGHTING INTERFACE, AND IS AN INTELLIGENT PLATFORM USED AS A COMMUNICATION BRIDGE BETWEEN A CONTROL MODULE AND POWER SUPPLIES TO MANAGE THE LIGHTING SYSTEM. ONE OF THE MAIN ADVANTAGES IS THAT EQUIPMENT FROM ONE MANUFACTURER CAN BE CONNECTED TO EQUIPMENT FROM ANOTHER MANUFACTURER AND, THANKS TO DALI, CAN COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. THIS, IN FACT, IS A TWO-WAY COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL THAT BRINGS DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY TO LIGHTING, DEFINING THE COMMANDS THAT LED DRIVERS AND BALLASTS MUST RECOGNIZE. THE SYSTEM ALLOWS INDIVIDUAL LED DRIVERS AND BALLASTS TO “TALK” TO THE USER AND ALLOWS THE USER TO “TALK” BACK VIA DALI CONTROLLERS, COMPUTERS WITH APPROPRIATE SOFTWARE, OR BUILDING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS.
DALI sends messages to the network, and just as happens in computer networks, these messages are collected from the terminals via addresses and the required instruction is carried out. In DALI, LED drivers and ballasts can be connected to a central computer, allowing each to be controlled independently. In addition, you can group and store light products or isolate some of them from the rest of the system. This makes it possible to adjust the light intensity of specific groups or individual lighting products. But that’s not all.
TO GET THE LEVEL OF CONTROL PEOPLE NEED IN CONFERENCE ROOMS AND OFFICE FLOORS, YOU NORMALLY NEED TO PULL A LOT OF WIRES TO MAKE SURE ALL DEVICES ARE CONNECTED. YOU DON’T NEED TO MAKE THE SAME KINDS OF INTERCONNECTIONS WITH DALI – JUST A SIMPLE TWO-WIRE CONTROL CONNECTION GOING TO EACH DEVICE TO FORM THE CONTROL NETWORK.
Easy to install, extremely versatile, widely affordable, flexible and functional for wide-range lighting.
FLEXIBLE LIGHTING CONTROL:THE ADVANTAGES OF DALI
– light intensity adjustment
– quick detection of malfunctions
– lamp status information
– creation of different scenarios
– no manual intervention
– compatible with all luminaires
– Complies with IEC 60929 and IEC 62386 safety standards
WHERE TO USE DALI EQUIPMENT?
DALI-enabled luminaires can be installed in open-plan offices, conference rooms, warehouses, factories, shopping malls, schools and homes. This great versatility of application is ensured by the technical advantages, but above all by significant savings in energy costs and management and maintenance thanks to motion sensors and dimmability of light. Practical, few controls, efficient, convenient.
WHY SHOULD I USE DALI?
1. To easily set up digital lighting globally, it is specially designed for architectural and commercial lighting.
2.Lighting can be customized, individually or throughout the facility.
3. The open protocol enables interoperability across the network.
4. Installation and wiring are simplified, so less downtime for the company and fewer worker hours.
5. DALI allows you to create preset lighting scenes with one click.
6. With bi-directional communication, LEDs can be individually queried for power consumption or faults.
7. As a fully digital system, DALI provides distributed intelligence without external switching relays. It can store up to 16 lighting scenes on a single DALI operating device. With the help of automated features, you can have options like sensor-controlled switching and dimming along with others. You’ll also receive individual status reports to further help you manage your lighting needs.